Working Groups expand the reach and effectiveness of emergency management in Kitsap County. The Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management (KCDEM) has the following working groups:
- Community Warning System (CWS) Technical Advisory Committee (CTAC). CTAC is a regional group of Emergency Medical Services (EMS), tribal, media, and various county department representatives. CTAC reviews standards and messaging for warnings that impact the Kitsap County region.
- Emergency Management Advisory Committee for the City of Bainbridge Island. (EMAC) An interjurisdictional committee that advises, assists, reviews, and comments on emergency management issues, planning, and policies. See charter (DOC.)
- Integrated Preparedness Plan Workshop (IPPW.) KCDEM participates in the IPPW with other counties. The IPPW coordinates training and exercises across the region.
- Kitsap Community Support Coalition. KCDEM partners with this coalition to coordinate a collective response to the pandemic.
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC.) LEPC is a partnership with local governments and industries to improve hazardous materials preparedness. LEPC conducts hazard identification, vulnerability analysis, and risk assessment activities. Federal and state statutes require LEPCs to develop and maintain emergency response plans. These are based on the volumes and types of substances found in, or transported through, our districts.
- Naval Base Kitsap Emergency Management Working Group
Energy and Lithium Battery Symposium, May 11 & 12
The City of Pasco Fire Department is hosting an Energy and Lithium Battery Symposium May 11 and 12 at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Campus in Richland, Washington. This training is open to law enforcement, fire [...]
Kitsap County LEPC Meeting April 11
The Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management will be hosting the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) Meeting April 11, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the large conference room at the [...]
PrepTalks: Dr. Dennis Mileti “Modernizing Public Warning Messaging”
Dr. Mileti’s PrepTalk showcases the latest research and provides practical guidance on how to write alert messages and the importance of using multiple delivery method to promote public action more effectively. Dr. Mileti [...]