KARS works with the Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management (KCDEM) to provide communication support during emergencies. With KCDEM, KARS has staged equipment throughout Kitsap County.
Participants in KARS deployments contribute only if:
- Their personal safety, family safety, and personal property concerns are addressed first.
- Enrollment with KCDEM happens prior to an event.
- Advanced training in and understanding of their program happens beforehand.
KARS members must:
- Register to become an registered volunteer emergency workers
- Choose a level of participation in KARS
Training, Classes & Exercises
KARS participates in emergency preparedness exercises such as Cascadia Rising. KARS also participates in quarterly Washington Department of Emergency Management exercises.
Volunteers Make a Difference
A volunteer appreciation event was held at the KCDEM Staging area December 15th to recognize volunteers who have given so much to the COVID-19 response [...]
Disaster Shower Drill
Volunteers work through the checklist in setting up one of the KCDEM disaster shower tents. The shower system can provide heated water showers for emergency [...]
A survey was recently sent to our volunteers asking them why they find it rewarding to donate their time. Some of their comments are below. [...]