Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer! The programs offered by the Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management (KCDEM) would not be successful if it weren’t for our volunteers.
To be a registered volunteer emergency worker, you must:
- Complete and sign the application to become a registered volunteer emergency worker. Search and Rescue volunteers, please use this form (PDF.)
- Sign a photo release. (PDF) Photos are sometimes taken at events. We would like permission to use pictures of volunteers.
- Pass a background check.
- Submit a photo for KCDEM identification. A photo should be a passport type headshot photo, sent electronically. It should be free of sunglasses or a hat, and with a clear background. Regular glasses are fine.
- Maintain current contact information, including email and phone number.
- Meet the particular requirements of the program you are volunteering for. Visit each program page for details.
- Review and sign the code of conduct for volunteers. (PDF) Return with your application.
- Renew to become a registered volunteer emergency worker every three years. To renew, please complete this form (PDF.)
Documents can be mailed or faxed:
Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management
911 Carver Street, Bremerton, WA 98312
Attn: Volunteer Application
Please note, when people register with KCDEM, they are also considered to be emergency workers with the State of Washington (WAC 118-04.) This gives volunteers certain coverage when volunteering with KCDEM. Training and missions are typically within Kitsap County, though these could be in other areas.