EMC Meeting 09.06.2022 Meeting Notice & Agenda
Meeting Notice 09.06.2022 - EM Council Agenda 6th September2022 EMC Meeting Packet 09.06.2022 - final September 2, 2022 The Kitsap County Emergency Management Council (EMC) Special Budget Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 6, 2022 from 11:00AM-12:00PM* Topic: 2023 Emergency Management Budget Information to log into the meeting: You are invited to a Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management webinar. When: Sep 6, 2022 11:00 AM Pacific Time [...]
Volunteers are key to making Kitsap County resilient. Learn more about volunteer opportunities:
- Community Emergency Response Team: Volunteers interested in learning disaster and emergency response skills to aid the community.
- Functional Assistance Support Team: Volunteers who find support for people with access and functional needs during emergency incidents.
- Kitsap Auxiliary Radio Service : Amateur radio operators who provide emergency communications skills.
- Medical Reserve Corps: Retired and current healthcare workers who are trained as a team to support disaster incidents.
- Public Education and Outreach: Volunteers who provide disaster preparedness information to groups and at community events.
- Search and Rescue: Various organizations that help find the missing and aid in recovery.
- Severe Weather Shelters: Volunteers who staff emergency overnight shelters during winter months.
Focus on Volunteers
Hundreds of volunteers made a huge impact to our community supporting the COVID-19 response here in Kitsap County. KCDEM is ramping up our regular volunteer teams now that we have pivoted from the COVID-19 response.
The Kitsap County Alert is an emergency notification system that helps you stay informed about the local hazards and threats that may impact you and your family. To register or update your information, click here. Sign ups are free!
KCDEM has no planned closures in April.
Become a Volunteer
KCDEM needs your help. Volunteers play a vital role in preparing for, responding to and recovering from an emergency situation or natural disaster. Volunteer today!
Severe Weather Shelters open March 7
Due to anticipated freezing weather conditions, four Kitsap County Severe Weather Shelters are open Tuesday, March 7, 2023. Hours of operation will be from 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. except as noted for the Village [...]
Severe Weather Shelters open March 3, 4 & 5
Due to forecst snow and anticipated freezing weather conditions, four Kitsap County Severe Weather Shelters are open Friday, March 3, Saturday, March 4 and Sunday March 5, 2023. The Poulsbo site will not be open [...]
Severe Weather Shelters open March 2
Due to anticipated freezing weather conditions, three Kitsap County Severe Weather Shelters are open Thursday, March 2, 2023. Hours of operation will be from 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. except as noted for the Village [...]