Kitsap Public Health updated its Case Characteristics Report with more detail about COVID-19 cases reported in Kitsap County from March through December of 2020.
A sampling of statistics include:
- The average age of cases was 40
- The highest rate of cases occurred in the 20-29 age range
- The most common symptoms reported were fatigue (62% of those responding), followed by headache (60%), cough (58%), congestion (56%) and muscle aches (51%)
- 15% of cases reported no symptoms
- 50% of cases shared an address with another confirmed COVID-19 case
- 19% were associated with an outbreak
- The largest number of COVID-19 outbreaks were reported in long-term care and senior living settings, followed by government settings (including military and corrections), and healthcare settings
- 5% of cases were hospitalized
- The average age of cases hospitalized was 61
- 42 COVID-19-associated deaths occurred from March-December
- The average age of community members who died was 77
View the full report from Kitsap Public Health for more details.