Relaxing close to home during Spring Break is one of the best ways you can fight the spread of COVID-19. The bottom line is travel increases your chance of getting and spreading the virus. The CDC recommends that you do not travel at this time, even if you are vaccinated. Delaying travel and staying home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 is the safest option.
The good news is that we have great attractions for you and your family to see and explore right here in Kitsap County. These local destinations promise to give you that needed break this spring. Additionally, visiting local shops and supporting our Kitsap Peninsula businesses helps not only the economy, but your neighbors and friends. Here are just a few ideas to try in Kitsap this spring:
- Visit a park or trail (and don’t forget the 10 Essentials if you go on a hike). Check out the Kitsap Peninsula Trails map to plan your trip.
- Check out a garden or nursery.
- Love water? Check out the local water activities.
- Have kids? Take a look at the many activities geared for even our youngest residents.
- Have pets? Kitsap offers several pet-friendly locations and activities.
For more local activities and ideas, head to VisitKitsap.com.